Essitan

Here you have a simple joke, but one which when interrogated in inventive, creative and sometimes stupid ways, answers alot of questions about human life. The first thing that came to my mind when reading this was love, and the relationship of loving between human beings.

Think about the gap in the joke, and then think about the gaps in our lives, in particular between the self, and those around us. Traversing these gaps are what make us us and life life. It is in our attempts to cross over, to reach out to those around us that we create the memories which we wish so intensely to both hold onto and never let go of.

Before I get too deep into love gaps, here's the joke...

"There were two guys in a lunatic asylum and one night they decide that they don’t like living in an asylum anymore. They decide that they’re going to escape. They get up to the roof, and there just across a narrow gap, they can see the rooftops of the surrounding town, stretching away into the moonlight, stretching away to freedom. The first guy jumps right across with no problems. But the second guy hesitates and doesn’t follow, he’s afraid of falling. The first guy then gets an idea, he says “Hey! I have my flashlight with me! I’ll shine it across the gap between the buildings and you can walk along the beam and join me!” The second guy shakes his head and says, “What do you think I am crazy!? You’d turn it off when I was half-way across!'"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chamorro Public Service Post #15: Pues Adios, Esta Ki

Tuleti

Guam: The Movie