crappy poem

I wrote this while struggling not to sleep during a conference in Chicago. I haven't been writing much poetry in English lately so its kinda stupid, fitting in perfectly with my general depressed, brooding mood.

She showed me her smile
And I smiled back through a laugh
She gave me a lotus
And I gave her back my luck
She handed me a yellow flower
And I hander her back a white one
She offered me the desert
And I offered her back the ocean
She shook her head and the sands in her hands flew around becoming the purple and yellow flowers that follow her along the freeway.
It was then that I knew it was true
Love is
The giving of something that one does not have, to someone who doesn't want it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chamorro Public Service Post #15: Pues Adios, Esta Ki

Tuleti

Guam: The Movie