Chamorro Public Service Post - Apo Magi Translated

Just a warning kontiempo. Very often with Chamorro songs I have trouble hearing what exactly is being said, in particular with J.D. Crutch's songs where sometimes clarity is necessarily sacrificed to express un gof tahdong pat fotte na siniente. This is compounded with the lack of readily accesible liner notes, which would make translation easier.

This post is a public service post for all those who asked for an English translation of J.D. Crutch's Apo Magi, I put the forewarning notice though because I'm not quite sure if the Chamorro lyrics I wrote down are the actual lyrics.

APO MAGI
Tinige' Si J.D. Crutch
(maayao i dandan ginnen un kantan BeeGees)

Ai siña ti un tungo'
(It’s possible that you don’t know)
Taiguihi tiningo’ put Hågu
(What I know about you)
Ya ti hu chå’ka hao yanggen un dingu
(And I won’t reproach you if you leave)
Lao hu li’e hao gi painge
(But I saw you last night)
Ya un lågu gi matå-mu
(And the tears on your cheek)
Ya ha pacha yu’ mas ki na bei hu sangan
(And it touched me more than I will say)
Lao ti hu hongge i che’lu-hu
(But I don’t believe my sister)
Na pon na’puti yu’ nai på’go
(That you’ll hear me right now)
Ni’ guahu gaigage magahet gi fi’on-mu
(When no one but me is really by your side)

Ai apo mågi gi apagå-hu
(Lean here on my shoulder)
Ya bai sangani hao ni’ estoria-hu
(And I will tell you my story)
Sa’ Hågu ya-hu
(Because you are the one I love)

Ai siña ti un hongge
(Maybe you won’t believe)
I korason-hu kumakate ai put Hågu
(My heart cries out because of you)
Ai lao Hågu i che’lu-hu
(But you my sister)
Ya magåhet ti un hahasso
(Its true that you aren’t thinking (or remembering)
Na put Hågu yu’ nai nene na mafatto
(That its because of you nene that I came (or it came)
Lao un na’klaru giya Guahu
(But you made it clear to me)
Na magåhet na ti ya-mu
(That its true that you don’t love me)
Pues bai hu hanao
(So I’ll go)
Ya i na’an-hu nai ti hu hungok
(And me name I won’t hear)

Ai apo mågi gi apagå-hu
(Lean here on my shoulder)
Ya bai sangani hao ni’ estoria-hu
(And I’ll tell you my story)
Sa’ Hågu ya-hu
(Because you are the one I love)

Comments

theislander said…
Dangkulu na si yu'us ma'ase para i lyrics.
Ti siguru yu' hafa ileklek-na gi kantan-na.
Gof maolek iyo-mu lyrics.
Si yu'us Ma'ase.

Popular posts from this blog

Chamorro Public Service Post #15: Pues Adios, Esta Ki

Guam: The Movie

Tuleti