Quest for Decolonization

I'm in Nicaragua now for the most recent UN Regional Seminar the Third International Decade for the Eradication of Colonialism from the World. I'll be testifying on the state of affairs in Guam and also answering questions from the member state that attend the meeting. I have never been to Nicaragua before and probably never would have ended up here save for this invitation by the United Nations.

This year is different than any other year that I have visited the UN and its various entities. Over the years I have testified before the Fourth Committee in New York City (2007), visited the UN as a tourist (2008) and attended two regional seminars in Ecuador (2013) and Nicaragua as an expert. This trip represents by far the most interesting experience out of all the others. There is much more dialogue and discussion this year and I am learning far more than I have before.

This time around I've decided to share some of what I've learned via this blog. I was torn over what to title this series of insights, but eventually settled on the harmless, yet possibly inspiring "Quest for Decolonization." For the next week or so I'll be posting various information, quotes, photos and so on. 

Look for the tag Decolonization Quest to find all my posts on this topic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chamorro Public Service Post #15: Pues Adios, Esta Ki

Tuleti

Guam: The Movie