My Laptop Was Stolen

My car was broken into over the weekend and my laptop (and the car stereo) were stolen.

My laptop was like a literal part of me, with my thoughts, works and photos of more than 12 years there. I have an external hard-drive, but its not working and so I had to take it in to get it fixed. Even if they fix it though I still won't have anything that didn't email to myself over the past year, since that's the last time I backed up my hard drive. But if they can at least give me that I'll feel much better.

I feel so incredibly stupid about this because I accidentally took it with me when I took my class hiking. I had meant to drop it home, but in the rush of trying to prepare for the hike I had left it in the car. When I realized what I had done, I hid the laptop in the back of the car, so no one looking in could see it.

Unfortunately for me, the thieves who stole it got lucky. They broke the window to my car to get the stereo and while searching around, stumbled upon the laptop. They broke into two other cars that were parked by the road, and according to police, they believed that the same crooks were responsible for at least half a dozen other break ins, that morning.

I spent yesterday searching for the laptop at the Flea Market and Pawn Shops, but couldn't find anything.

I will survive this, but things will be very difficult for a while. Thousands of photos are gone. All the work that I did preparing for classes. Blog posts that I didn't publish yet. Countless videos that I didn't upload to Youtube yet.

FOR THOSE INTERESTED, even though I know the chances are slim, I'D DEFINITELY PAY A REWARD TO SEE MY LAPTOP AGAIN.

Its a Toshiba, with a dark blue cover. It has several stickers on the top. A Shoyoroll sticker, a Fokkai sticker, a Oba Skoba sticker, an Amnesty International sticker and a Sumahi for Governor sticker. Even if you see a laptop with a bunch of stickers torn off, that could be mine.

It was taken with my laptop bag and in that bag was a number of different items from the 2008 Democratic National Convention, and so if you see anyone with stickers or pins from that convention, please let me know.

The stereo that was stolen was the kind that you have to flip open to insert a CD, and was silver on the front.

IF ANYONE HAS ANY KNOWLEDGE ABOUT MY LAPTOP PLEASE EMAIL ME AT mlbasquiat@hotmail.com,

The only small sense of justice that I get out of this mess, is that the stereo they stole was broken.

Comments

ñalang said…
i hear you, dude. my computer potentially died last week (i have yet to try reinstalling the os yet sa' gof tinanene' yu'). and then i got into a car accident with my mom's new car. and then my grandma went in the hospital. so life sucks sometimes. let me know yanggen hu ayuda hao.
Moñeka said…
You are the fourth person I know of to have had their laptop stolen in the past 3 months. This is so unsettling. I am so sorry for your loss. All the information you had is truly a treasure.. I hope and pray that all stolen possessions will be returned safely. Ai Adai Che'lu.

Popular posts from this blog

Chamorro Public Service Post #15: Pues Adios, Esta Ki

Tuleti

Guam: The Movie