Urgent Reply Needed!

This week in an AP interview, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, when asked about the postwar reconstruction efforts in Iraq, and the waste and corruption that had taken place, attempted to make a clear (yet untenable) distinction in what monies had been lost or wasted.

Q: But the cost in terms of lives and in terms of the money and the abuse of money – (inaudible) was money wasted, there was money that was siphoned off, corruption and that kind of thing, you’re —

RICE: Not of American money. Not American money. I don’t think that you will find that anybody is arguing that there was corruption in the American programs.

Think Progress and reality beg to differ with this assessment, and listed on their website a half dozen ways in which American money and American programs and firms have been at the center of the transformationg of Iraq into one of the most corrupt nations in the world.

If Secretary Rice and other Bush officials need more evidence of American corruption in Iraq, I got another clue today in my email. The following email from "Sgt. Joey Jones" formerly of Iraq, who now needs a bank account to hide $25,000,000:

I hope my email fine you well. I am in need of your assistance. My name is Sgt. Joey Jones. I am an American soldier serving in the 1st Armored Division in Iraq, we have just been posted out of Iraq and to return in a short while. My colleague and I need your help to transfer out the sum of Twenty Five Mllion U.S Dollars (US25.0M).

God Bless America!!

Sgt. Joey Jones

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chamorro Public Service Post #15: Pues Adios, Esta Ki

Guam: The Movie

Tuleti