Mad Boy's Love Song

Mad Boy's Love Song

(After Mad Girl's Love Song)


I close my eyes and the world drops dead

The curtain of blackness falls, blanketing a cruel reminder that

I think I made you up inside my head


You as a thunderbird is all I see roaring, splitting silence

Trailing behind you twinkling smiling newborn stars thatform a shower up above

In your afterglow, I hear the stars trickle down the blackcurtain of a world dropped dead

I feel them fill the lines in my face, finding their way into the strings that tie together my life, dripping along and spiraling deeper and deeper until my every moment becomes bewitched


When I lift my lids, all is born again, but now water-colored with you instead 

The straining of my grocery bags, is the crinkling of your skirt

The scratch on my car hood, follows the curves of your leg 

Every bump in the road, is my eyes tracing the tempting lines of your fingertips

The red of the shampoo bottle, glistens with the faintness of your lips

White sheets of paper, each a tooth that has leaked from smiles I have memorized

 The straining of my eyes against the setting sun, your hair dancing to the wind

 The unhappy hue of my orange chicken, is the color of watching you go

The heavens ripple as if tickled each time my eyelids remake and obliterate the world

I wish I wasn’t making you up inside my head




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chamorro Public Service Post #15: Pues Adios, Esta Ki

Tuleti

Guam: The Movie